…without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.Hebrews 11:6
I love this verse because of its logical and reasonable approach to faith. Here’s the theorem broken down; see how it comes around upon itself in an infinite and beautiful way:
1) You cannot please God if you to not believe in him.
2) In order to believe in his you have to acknowledge his existence.
3) If you acknowledge that he exists, it allows you to draw nearer to him.
4) And if you draw nearer to him, you reap the benefits of faith.
5) And the benefit of faith is faith, and this pleases him.